June 11, 2014 by maddieswab
In less than a month, I’ll be getting on a plane to Brussels to travel around Europe and spend time with my family in Belgium! I’m so excited and love everything about traveling–seeing new things, trying new foods, meeting new people, and even prepping for the trip. Here are some of my travel essentials:
- A good cosmetics bag. I just ordered this one from Kate Spade Saturday, which works so well for my trip because it doesn’t take up a lot of space, holds all of my toiletries, has two removable clear bags that I can take with me on smaller trips, and has a hook for hanging.
- A good book for the plane ride. My flight is about 8 hours long, so I’ll definitely be doing some reading! I can’t wait to start July’s A Beautiful Mess book club book.
- Dresses. Since they don’t take up too much space and can make a whole outfit themselves, I’ll definitely be packing lots of dresses with me! I’m loving this simple dress from Urban Outfitters and this summery dress from ASOS.
- A super cute and comfy pair of sneakers. Sneakers are perfect to wear in the airport (since they’re easy to take off at security) and are great for walking around cities. This pair from Anthropologie looks super comfy, but also stylish enough that I would love to wear them around!
- A travel journal. My aunt in Belgium actually got me this one a few years ago when I went to China and I love it! Travel journals are a great way to log where you’ve been and keep certain souvenirs and memories in one place.