January 1, 2014 by cookingtofeel
Happy New Year’s, everyone! I had a pretty chill New Year’s Eve and now I’m up watching the Gator Bowl (Go Dawgs!) and thinking about everything I want to do/am doing in 2014–it’s going to be a great year! 2013 was great; I turned 18, graduated high school, got into UGA, and met some of the most amazing people at UGA. But I’m even more excited for 2014. Bring it on!
I don’t really do New Year’s resolutions; they’re kind of intimidating and I feel like I have to do them even if they aren’t fun. So, I have more of a list of goals and things I want to do in 2014. Here’s my 14 in 2014 list!
1. Read more books for fun. Sure, I read. But since I started classes and have so much going on, I’ve neglected reading for fun. I’m starting the A Beautiful Mess book club, so I’m pretty excited for that! Check it out and join me!
2. Get better grades. Okay. My grades my first semester of college weren’t amazing. So, I’m going to work my butt off this semester and get those A’s.
3. Buy less clothes. I just really need to stop. Like, clothes are great, but I have a lot and I could put that money somewhere else.
4. Buy more items for my apartment. Instead of putting my money towards buying an endless amount of clothes, I should probably start buying things for my new apartment next year. I mean, I kind of would like to live in something other than a blank box.
5. Save up more money. Clearly, all of my problems stem from money. But I really need to save up more money than I am at the moment, especially since I’m going to Jamaica in March and am paying for that trip completely by myself and with some donations, and since I’ll be traveling around Europe in July. Saving money isn’t fun, but it all pays off! (no pun intended)
6. Bake more. I really haven’t been baking as much as I usually do because I’m stuck in a dorm for most of the year, but I would love to get back on that when I’m home. I’m especially pumped because Baked‘s fourth book is coming out in October, and I have yet to buy their second book! I sense an Amazon purchase in my near future…
7. Spend more quality time with my friends. I’m usually always around my friends, but mostly in a group setting. My friends are seriously so wonderful, and I need to show them that I feel that way. So, I want to spend more individual time with them, whether we’re having a study date, doing community service for Gamma Sig, or watching movies.
8. Craft more. I have this whole Pinterest board of crafts on Pinterest and you know, I just really need to get started on that.
9. Become fluent in French. I’m kinda sorta almost there. Hopefully, my French class this semester and spending a whole month with people fluent in French will help me out.
10. Eat better. I know, I know. Everyone says this. But I like junk food. A lot. And this past week I’ve eaten so much. So, I want to eat a bit better in 2014 and not have a diet that’s solely sugar.
11. Color my hair. I get so bored with my hair, it’s not even funny. And since I don’t want to cut it any shorter, I want to get some lowlights to jazz it up a bit.
12. Donate some clothes to charity. Going back to that bit about having too many clothes, I want to do a closet purge and find pieces that I really don’t wear and could do without and donate them to charity.
13. Write more letters. I really love writing letters and I want to write more to family members and my friends who aren’t at UGA. Phone calls and texts can never replace letters!
14. Have fun!