July 23, 2013 by maddieswab
Last week, Carli, Jordan, and I had a sleepover/craft night/movie marathon to finish off summer, since we would all be busy for the last two weeks or so of it. Needless to say, it was so much fun!
We watched three John Hughes movies (Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, The Breakfast Club, and Pretty in Pink), made King of Pops popsicle stick photo frames with a photo of us three at Popsicle Monday, and had tons of yummy snacks (Ring Pops, Lemonhead cookies, and Cosmic Brownies)!
The best part was having so much fun with Carli and Jordan; I don’t know how many times I cracked up laughing! I know I’m going to miss these two so much when I move to Athens, but I know this won’t be the last I see of them 🙂
Popsicle Stick Photo Frame DIY
We all had different popsicle stick designs and different amounts of sticks, so this DIY can be whatever you want it to! We each decided on different frame designs, which made them all so unique. And this is a fun DIY; it doesn’t have to be perfect!
Popsicle sticks from your favorite popsicle vendor/brand (at least 4)
Plain craft popsicle sticks
Hot glue gun
1. Arrange your vendor/brand sticks and photo on a piece of craft paper to decide which design you like best/works best.
2. Glue the photo onto the craft paper with a glue stick, being careful to smooth it down and to not leave any air bubbles.
3. One by one, glue the vendor/brand sticks onto the photo and surrounding areas of craft paper using the hot glue gun. You can make any design you want, just be sure to glue one on each side touching the side of the photo.
4. After the glue dries, cut out the frame from the card stock, making sure to leave no visible card stock.
5. On the back of the frame, glue three plain sticks on each side, and three diagonally in the middle, for added stability.
6. Glue a piece of string so that it forms a loop for hanging your frame.
DIY is also by Jordan and Carli