January 3, 2013 by cookingtofeel
Whew! 2013 came fast! I’m sorry for the lack of posts, but I got my wisdom teeth out on Monday (ugh) and have been recovering for the past couple of days. I’m feeling a lot better today, but still not quite myself. I’m looking forward to being able to get out and about, eat whatever I want, and not have to rely on painkillers for comfort. But since I missed New Year’s Eve and Day festivities, 2013 hasn’t seemed right. I feel as if I’m still stuck in 2012. So, I’ve been doing some thinking (in between watching TV every second of every day since Monday) and I’ve got my mind set on a few things I want to accomplish this year.
I refer more to these as goals or “wants,” not resolutions. I feel like if you call something a resolution, it is bound to fail. And these things are just simple tasks, wants, goals, et cetera that I want to accomplish this year.
- Apply to/go to college–I only have two college applications left to complete and I’m already accepted to two colleges! I know that whatever happens, I’ll be happy going to whichever college I end up at.
- Keep up with my blog–This one, clearly, is hard for me. But I love blogging. I feel like I can put all of my thoughts and ideas into one place and share them with everyone.
- Bake more–I’m hoping that by joining Baked Sunday Mornings and by having an easier class schedule this semester, I’ll be able to bake more and have more motivation to bake. I also have my eye on buying the Momofuku Milk Bar and the Baked Explorations: Classic American Desserts Reinvented cookbooks. I definitely want 2013 to be a sweet year!
- Paint more–I love painting with watercolors and acrylics, but during the last half of 2012 I fell out of painting a bit. Again, I hope my easier class schedule will allow me more time to paint.
- Dust off my film cameras–I have a beautiful Diana F+ and a super fun Fujifilm Instax Mini 7S that I have neglected for the past couple of months 😦 Hopefully, especially during some exciting adventures this summer, I can break out my cameras and shoot some dreamy photos.
- Read more–This is going to be an easy goal!
Hopefully I can accomplish all of my goals! I’ll keep you all updated throughout the year, and I’ll be back to posts that are way more interesting either tomorrow or Friday. I hope you all had a fabulous New Year’s Eve and Day!